Wednesday 22 January 2014

What have I been up to?

I have so many half-finished stitching projects, it's not even funny you guys. I have however received a very thoughtful (And crafty!) Christmas gift from the bestest friend in the entire world Smoonie! (http://smooniegoestohell.blogspot.ca/) This month's project was making clay dishes with doily imprints. Mine turned out better than expected! Here's the process:


First I opened it and I was like "What the sweet hell is this?!" Then I actually read the e-mail they sent.


I'm rolling the clay flat with a cup, since for whatever the eff reason, I don't have a rolling pin. (Mental note: GO BUY ONE dummy!)


After that I put the doily under the clay and roll over it again making an impression in the clay.


Then I used the "giant cookie cutter" and cut out the shape of the plate.


I'm a genius!


To get a bowl shape, I let it dry in a bowl so it would get concave.


Filter fun with iPhone apps!


Here are the two completed dishes. Sanding the edges was really easy since the clay is paper-based. I think I'm going to like this Whimseybox!

2 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute. I've tried Darby Smart and really enjoyed it, but I've been eying Whimseybox. I might have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete