Tuesday 28 May 2013

Progress!

I've finally settled a bit and got down to work on my stitching, since allergies basically make me hide inside from the poplar fuzz!


W and Z are some of my favorite Super Heroes!

I'm almost done the "W" and then I start the V, and then I start some more characters. I'm doing the letters first since they are just grey. Kinda boring. I'm going to aim for this to be done for September when school starts up again. (Even though it hasn't even ended for the kids! Suckers!)


I also tracked down some of the Disney Thomas Kinkade patterns. I bought the Little Mermaid one online because that one is a bitch to track down, and today went out with the mother-in-law to Frame Corner in Edmonton ( http://www.framecorner.ca/ ) where there are two doggies to greet you and the lady who owns the place is a dear! There's even stitching nights and days where I can meet fellow stitchers in Edmonton. A way better experience than my last few visits to Craft Connection where I was essentially treated like dirt (Unless I had questions about framing, then they were all ears and had the cash register ready!) 



Also super exciting news, I finally got replies from a pen pal request I wrote in June 2013's Cross Stitcher magazine ( http://crossstitcher.themakingspot.com/ ). This is going to be an exciting experience! (Also when did I turn into an old lady?!)



No comments:

Post a Comment